Your donations play a critical role in making sure our work to connect science, society and the sea for a healthy planet continues. We need your help to sustain the pathways for students to become our future scientists, policymakers, educators and environmental leaders. Please make a gift today!
Science is an essential
During this time of the corona virus pandemic we are painfully aware of how important science is to making good decisions that safeguard our health and wellbeing. Our appreciation for expertise has been re-affirmed, too. Good science is critical for keeping the planet, the sea around us, and our coastal communities healthy, too. We can only maintain the foundations of science by continuing to train the next generation of scientists. They need your support!
Summer student jobs: canceled or postponed
This summer will be especially hard for our students. Most were planning to work in the field and in the laboratory and now they are grounded. They were counting on summer research jobs funded through faculty grants and contracts. Through no fault of their own, or ours, most students can no longer be hired into the positions they were promised. They still need to pay their summer living expenses and pay tuition in the coming academic year. You can make a difference with your gift!
Graduate students fall through the cracks
Adding insult to injury, most will not qualify for unemployment benefits either. Your support will keep science students afloat so they can continue school this fall!
Ocean and coastal climate science training halted
Many students will not be able to continue their scientific training or complete their degrees without summer support. The investments we have all made in their scientific training may be lost. The foundations of coastal and ocean climate science will be weakened. You can be a defender of science by making a gift now!
Gifts of any size will make a difference. Please make your gift here. Thank you!
- Mail your donation: Please make your check or money order payable to the University Corporation, San Francisco State and mail to:
- Annual Gifts - You can make quarterly, semi-annual or annual gifts to the Center by check or credit card.
- Matching Gifts - You may be able to double your gift if your company has a matching gift program. Simply include a completed, signed matching gift form from your company, along with your contribution. We’ll take care of the rest.
- Bequests - Include the Estuary & Ocean Science Center in your will or estate plan, and leave a legacy for future generations.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts - You can convert highly appreciated assets such as real estate or securities to a charitable remainder trust, receive income for life or a term of years, without incurring capital gains tax when the asset is sold. When the trust terminates, the remainder will benefit the Estuary & Ocean Science Center for years to come.